Because the ridership on the district school buses is at capacity on the school buses listed below, the Transportation Department/school buildings are unable to honor any requests for bus passes on these buses at this time. We apologize if this presents an inconvenience for families.
Elementary (K-5) buses - #2, #17, #21 & #23
Middle School/High School buses - #21, #23, #14
- When school is in session, motorists are asked to please watch for children walking to or from school.
- Motorists have a responsibility to know the meaning of the flashing light system on buses. The yellow and red lights are designed to help insure the safety of both motorists and children:
- Yellow flashing lights indicate the bus is preparing to stop. Motorists should slow down and prepare to stop.
- Red flashing lights and the extended stop arm on the school bus indicate the bus has stopped for children to get on or off the bus.
- Motorists approaching from either direction (on a two lane road) are required to stop at least 10 feet from a stopped school bus until the bus resumes motion.
- If a school bus is stopped on a road divided into four or more lanes, only traffic driving in the same direction of the bus must stop.
Thank you for helping us keep our community's children safe.
Find Your Bus Route