Broadway Elementary is diving
into a Great Year!
August 19th, 2019
Welcome back to school! This letter contains important information for this school year from your intervention specialists. Please read it at your earliest convenience and let us know if you have any questions. Some of the information may not apply to your child depending on the time/ subjects that they are with their regular education teacher. Please ask if you have any questions. Be sure to hold on to this to refer back on over the year. We are looking forward to a great year!
- Your child will be given an assignment notebook from their homeroom classroom. Please check daily for important notes and homework from myself and/or your child’s general education teacher. We ask that you initial daily. They need to bring their assignment notebook every day.
- Classroom Money-Your child will earn classroom money for good behavior, effort, responsibility, etc. every day while in the resource room. Every other Friday your child will use their money to shop in our classroom store. This has proven to be very motivating and a great way to practice money skills on a daily basis.
- Reading at home-Some evenings your child will have assigned reading homework. However, it is important for your child to read or be read to every evening. Follow your child’s homeroom reading program. This reading could be comic books, children magazines, books-anything-make it an enjoyable activity. This time can be listening to your child read, reading together, being read to or listening to a book on tape.
- IEP progress reports will be sent home with grade cards.
- Speech therapy-Mrs. Hargrave will be our speech and language therapist. She will be servicing children on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Hargrave's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occupational therapy-Ms. Oakes will be our Occupational therapist. She will be servicing students on the designated therapy day for your child. You can also let us know that you need to speak to her and we will give her the message.
- Physical therapy- Our physical therapist will be Mrs. Stanley. She will be servicing students on the designated therapy day for your child. You can also let us know that you need to speak with the therapist and we will give her the message.
- Other Special Education staff that may be working with your child:
- Mrs. Thomas-classroom aide
- Mrs. Hurst-classroom aide
- Mrs. Eggleston-classroom aide
- Hannah Gress is our guidance counselor. Mrs. Gress is at Broadway on Tuesdays Thursdays, and Friday mornings. If you feel that she can be of assistance to your child please let her know. Her email address is HGress@tippcity.k12.oh.us
- Our email addresses are email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; MClauss@tippcity.k12.oh.us
- We would like to add pictures throughout the year of learning activities on our webpage. If you do not want your child’s photo included, please put this request in writing to us.
Please call or write with any questions or concerns you may have through the year. We look forward to working with you and your child.
Mrs. Jodi Duncan
Mrs. Sandy Beck
Mrs. Melissa Clauss
Please return to Mrs. Duncan/Mrs. Beck/Mrs. Clauss by Friday, August 30, 2019
Student’s name _____________________
Do you have an email address you would like to share that you check regularly that we could use for communication?
Please write the phone number you would prefer to be reached at if a phone call is needed. Please indicate if it is mom or dad's number.
Work during day
Cell phone during day
Home in the evening
Please note any medical changes that may have occurred during the summer such as medicine changes, outside therapies, or physician recommendations/appointments that may impact your child's school day.
Any additional comments?