Educational Technology & Integration
The Educational Technology department supports the district's computer and mobile device infrastructure, phone systems, web resources, and a wide variety of other educational support services. We seek to integrate with classroom curriculum and support teachers in conveying their content to students in a manner conducive to their individual learning styles.As society, and in turn, education advances technologically, we find our mission growing more crucial as we seek to increase student technology literacy, enabling them to succeed in a society of ever quickening change. The use of technology in the classroom is no longer an appendix to learning, but the very crux of so much of the content our students need to succeed. While the task is consistently a daunting one, we look forward to the challenge and are regularly looking for new and innovative ways to enable both our staff and students to reach their full potential by putting the tools and the training into their hands to do so.
TCEVS Technology Staff
Network Administrator & Technology Integrator
(937) 667-8444 ext 6384
Director of Services
(937) 667-8444 ext 6325
News & Updates
PowerTeacher Pro | Assignment Creation with Standards GradingPosted by Jim Sagona at 10/9/2017
I have had a few reports from folks where they found that the standards are not automatically getting a score assigned to it based off the assignment grade. I know these were covered briefly by the teacher leaders in their building sessions, but two things must occur if order for the Gradebook to automatically assign the assignment grade to linked standards:
- The assignment must have the standards attached to it before you begin to enter grades.
- You must check the box “Auto-Calculate Assignment Standards Scores” on the Standards tab before entering grades. If you are in the Add/Edit Standards view, select “Show Selected Standards” to see just those you have selected and to check that box. (see last paragraph for a shortcut on this in the future)
If you did not have the standards attached or did not set the assignment to auto-calculate assignment standard scores before you entered assignments, then the only way to get it to do so “automatically” is to set those items up and then change the score. Simply re-entering the existing score over top of it does not fill these in for you. None of this was a required step in Pinnacle, and I absolutely recognize that it is a pain in the neck. I did what I could by up-voting an enhancement to the product telling the PowerSchool development team that this is unnecessary work and needs revised.
Lastly, you can set the “Auto-Calculate Assignment Standards Scores” to start out checked for every new assignment by going to Settings > Display Settings > Auto-Calculate Assignment Standards Scores Initial State and changing it to “New Assignments Start Checked.” If you do that, your only headache is making sure you select the standards before you enter the grades.
Please take a look at this sooner rather than later to save yourself any more potential headaches.
PowerTeacher Pro | How to Finalize Grades at the End of the TermPosted by Jim Sagona at 10/4/2017
The following steps are completed at the end of each grading period for quarters (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4), exams (E1, E2), if applicable, and the year (Y1), if applicable.
- Open PowerTeacher Pro, and select the class section form the drop down menu in the top-center.
- Click on the Grading Charm > Traditional.
- At the bottom of the screen is a button labeled Final Grade Status, click it, and then check the box denoting that the appropriate term’s grades are complete. Any comment filled out in the box is visible to your principal. Once grades have been marked complete, the Final Grade Status button now has a green checkmark on it.
- Repeat this step for all classes and all appropriate terms at the end of each grading period. Terms may be switched using the drop down menu in the top-right corner.
Middle School & High School: At the end of Quarter 2, you will also need to complete this for Exam 1 and Semester 1 as well. At the end of quarter 4, you will complete this for Exam 2, Semester 2, and Year (if it was a year-long course).
Elementary School (Grades 1-5): At the end of Quarter 4, you will need to complete this for the Year term as well to compile the end of year final grade.
PowerSchool | 2017-18 Grade Submission & Distribution DatePosted by Jim Sagona at 10/4/2017
The following are the guideline due dates and posting/distribution dates for the Quarterly Grade Reports for all grades for the 2017-2018 school year. Please have your grades completed and marked finalized on those designated dates and times.
Grade Submission & Distribution Dates
End of the
Grades Completed &
Finalized in PowerTeacher Pro
Final Grades Posted / Distributed
Wednesday, November 1
Friday, November 3
End of Day
/ Semester 1
Wednesday, January 17
Friday, January 19
End of Day
Wednesday, April 4
Friday, April 6
End of Day
/ Semester 2
Friday, June 1
Friday, June 1
End of Day