WELCOME TOMRS. JOHNSON'S CLASSROOM
Email: email@example.comEveryday is filled with learning in our classroom. Our students are learning the same curriculum goals and lessons as each child's homeroom with modifications and skills reinforced as needed for each child's individual education plan (IEP). I teach lessons specifically tailored to individual students that follow the Standards set by the State of Ohio. According to the state standards, I am certified a Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) which ensures the school district that I am offering a quality education for all of my students.
Welcome back to school! We have an exciting building wide theme and I look forward to working with your child helping them discover their super powers!
- During the first few days of school I will be visiting your child in their general education classroom. This is a great time for the students to build a sense of community and establish classroom routines. I will begin small group instruction very soon.
- 1st grade-Your child will be given an assignment notebook. Please check daily for important notes and homework from myself and/or your child’s regular education teacher. We ask that you initially daily. They need to bring their assignment notebook every day.
- Reading at home-Some evenings your child will have assigned reading homework. However, it is important for your child to read or be read to every evening. This reading could be comic books, children magazines, books-anything-make it an enjoyable activity. This time can be listening to your child read, reading together, being read to or listening to a book on tape.
- Supplies-You do not need to send any supplies in for your child for MY classroom. Disinfecting wipes and Kleenex are always appreciated!
- IEP progress reports will be sent home with interim reports and quarterly grade cards.
- Speech therapy-Mrs. Hargrave is our speech and language therapist. If your child receives speech therapy she will work with your child on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Mrs. Hargrave's email address is JHargrave@tippcity.k12.oh.us
- Occupational therapy-we have new OTs this year. I will update this information as soon as I have the details.
- Physical therapy- Mrs. Stanley is our Physical therapist. If your child receives physical therapy, she will work with your child on Tuesdays. You may reach her by calling Nevin on her therapy day or by leaving a message for me.
- Mrs. Hogge, Mrs. Light, Mrs. Robins and Mrs. Woltz are classroom aides that may be working with your child. I am asking that any important communication such as change in transportation, allergies, questions or concerns are directed to myself or your students grade level teacher. Our aides are very busy during the day and transition often so it is best that a teacher receive the message and communicate it to the necessary staff.
- Gress is our guidance counselor. Mrs. Gress is at Nevin Coppock on Monday, Wednesdays, and Friday afternoons. If you feel that she can be of assistance to your child please let her know. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- My email address is MLJohnson@tippcity.k12.oh.us
Please call, write or email any questions or concerns you may have through the year. I look forward to working with you and your child!
About Mrs. Johnson
I grew up in Michigan and Toledo, which…yes, makes me a Michigan fan! I have been teaching at Nevin Coppock my entire career. This will be my 23rd year being an Intervention Specialist. I earned my Bachelors degree from Bowling Green in Special Education Specific Learning Disabilities and Developmentally Handicapped. I earned my Masters Degree in Teacher Leadership from Wright State.My husband Chris and I have twin boys, Noah and Nathaniel, that are 14. We have a Brittany named Poppy. In my free time I love to read! I enjoy walking, camping and going to the beach with my family.