Transportation DepartmentTransportation Supervisor(937) 669-6303
2019-2020 Bus Transportation
The DEADLINE for daycare/babysitter school transportation is August 9, 2019. The district cannot accept late requests. The transportation department will resume taking requests on September 3, 2019 pending space availability.
At the end of each school year, a student’s transportation needs are put back to their home address. Tipp City Schools cannot assume students will utilize the same daycare provider as in the previous school year.
PARENTS/GUARDIANS MUST SUBMIT A WRITTEN REQUEST (EMAIL IS ACCEPTABLE AS AN ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE) TO THE BUILDING OFFICE OF THE SCHOOL THE STUDENT ATTENDS OR THE TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT AT THE BOARD OF EDUCATION BUILDING. THE REQUEST MUST INCLUDE:
- STUDENT NAME
- REASON FOR REQUEST
- NAME & ADDRESS OF DAYCARE PROVIDER/BABY SITTER
- WHETHER IT IS A REQUEST FOR AM, PM OR AM & PM TRANSPORTATION
- PHONE NUMBER
- PARENT/GUARDIAN SIGNATURE
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE DISTRICT CANNOT HONOR ALL REQUESTS. DECISIONS ARE DEPENDENT UPON BUS SEAT AVAILABILITY. SOME BUSES MAY BE AT CAPACITY. PARENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED IF THE DISTRICT CANNOT ACCOMMODATE A REQUEST.
STUDENTS MAY HAVE ONLY ONE BUS STOP 5 DAYS A WEEK IN THE MORNING
AND ONE BUS STOP 5 DAYS A WEEK IN THE AFTERNOON.
Thank you for helping us keep our community's children safe.
- When school is in session, motorists are asked to please watch for children walking to or from school.
- Motorists have a responsibility to know the meaning of the flashing light system on buses. The yellow and red lights are designed to help ensure the safety of both motorists and children:
- Yellow flashing lights indicate the bus is preparing to stop. Motorists should slow down and prepare to stop.
- Red flashing lights and the extended stop arm on the school bus indicate the bus has stopped for children to get on or off the bus.
- Motorists approaching from either direction (on a two-lane road) are required to stop at least 10 feet from a stopped school bus until the bus resumes motion.
- If a school bus is stopped on a road divided into four or more lanes, only traffic driving in the same direction as the bus must stop.
Find Your Bus Route